Online Play / Community Rules
This guide should help you to understand what kind of community we're trying to create in our games, and we will do our best to keep our community open, tolerant, happy, and friendly. We also realize that there will always be people who are toxic to the community, and we give players the option to MUTE these players and/or to REPORT THEM in-game. Please use these features, they're there for you! We take these reports seriously, and look into all of them.
We will not tolerate:
- Any kind of discriminatory comment or action based on someone's race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, etc.
- Profane, sexual or vulgar comments
- Violence, threats or intimidation
- Offensive, aggressive or harassing comments
- Excessive trolling or spamming
- Trying to freeze someone else's game or disrupt their play
- Advertising, marketing, self-promotion or scamming
- Identity theft or impersonation
- Discussion or sharing of your or someone else's personal information, including real names, addresses, account numbers, passwords, etc.
- Discussion of illegal real-world activities
For creation of levels, and any user generated content:
- Naming levels with any sort of discriminatory content as the name or part of the name; anything that could be considered offensive to someone's race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, ethnicity, etc.
- Creating discriminatory images in levels (such as symbols considered to imply racism, oppression, etc.)
- Creating sexual images in levels
- Including any of your own or someone else's personal information in the level in any way
- Creating images or text which is used as advertising, self-promotion or scamming
What can you do?
- Mute players who are bothering you
- Report players who you feel are being toxic to the community, or breaking the rules mentioned above
- Report levels which you think are breaking the rules mentioned above
- If something is extremely dangerous (for example a threat where someone claims to know your address), contact local authorities and report the user, but please also send us an email at _____ with a description of what happened and screenshots if possible.
What will we do?
We will ban players as needed if they have too many reports against them, and will provide a warning or notification when they try to play online. If we see that someone is really abusive, we reserve the right to ban them from matchmaking indefinitely.
I've received a warning but I don't think it's justified!
Please email us at ______ with your ID or name from your platform, and explain why you think it's unjustified. We are always willing to talk, but will not always change our minds.