This week we've got a blog in the form of a super mega video with a bunch of updates. If you've been following the blog closely, you've seen some of the stuff already, but if not, this video will catch you up on everything you may have missed since our Kickstarter campaign in May 2015.
So that's what we've been working on for the past little while, and we're still planning to launch at the end of February / beginning of March. Things are going slower than we anticipated, especially since online multiplayer is much longer than expected, but we're still hoping to get everything done on time.
So what's left to do to transform this game into the final, polished product we want to see? Here's what's on the menu:
- Make online multiplayer fully functional
- Make a few more blocks
- Finish 3 more levels
- Finish the lobby and lobby expansion system, which expands as you unlock new levels and characters
- Localize the game (translating into 13 languages)
- Set up the Steam back-end for achievements
- Set up a saving system that recognizes what you've unlocked or not
- Finish all character outfits (much longer than you might think!)
- Rework the menus so it's easy to access the online stuff or the local games
- Fix up some of the UI (user interface) stuff that has been giving us issues
- Test, test, and test again. Then, test another time or two.
Game development isn't always as straightforward as one might think, there's a lot that can and does go wrong, and we need to make sure that you'll have the best experience possible playing the game when it's out.
Again, thanks for your continued support! Put the game on your Steam Wishlist if you haven't already, or to be notified when the game comes out, put your email below!